Re: [O] new exporter fails to output footnotes?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter fails to output footnotes?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:10:38 +0100

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/10/13, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I assume you wonder why there's no footnote definition. That's because
>> this is a body-only export. Footnote definitions belong to the global
>> template, which is ignored when this option is active.
>
> Why would you not want footnote definitions in a subtree body only
> export?

I didn't say I didn't want them in. I was merely describing facts.

> I have all of my blog posts as subtrees in a single file.  I want to
> export body only just as in the old exporter and have everything work.
>
> I cannot export HTML header, because Blogger already has its own.
>
> How do I export the subtrees with footnotes?

That's an interesting question.

For now, you can't, but that's a problem. I think the framework needs
a step before the template function, in order to add some persistent
data, even in case of a body-only export.

Perhaps an :inner-template filter, or a `body' transcoding function.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou