Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:53:12 +0530

"Dominik, Carsten" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hurray for Nicolas and Bastien to be brave and switch to the
> new exporter framework which is a thing of beauty.

It is an umbrella statement and doesn't mean much in and of itself.

Let me clarify, Bastien has very miniscule (~ZERO) contribution to the
new framework or the exporters.

I was forced to respond because your mail will be read by many.  People
tend to impose their own meanings in to statements.  IMNSHO, clubbing
Nicolas work with Bastien, is doing Nicolas a big dis-service and giving
Bastien "an association" that he doesn't deserve.

I will also encourage people who donate to Orgmode - particularly those
who will be donating for impending Org-8.0 release - to make targeted
donations to Nicolas Goaziou (exclusively) or take his advise on how the
funds should be routed (if he is averse to taking donations).

A targeted donation (for individual work or hosting the servers) is much
better than an umbrella donation to Orgmode or Bastien.  Let's share
good will and credit where it is due and NOT give credit when nothing is
due.  This is important when one is respected, trusted and is in
position of some influence.

I am particularly worried to see recent call for donations on Google+
which raised to the pitch to that of religious fundraising.

ps-1: I have openly stated that I have no interest in partaking of or
seeking donations for Emacs/Orgmode related work.  I consider my
existing work as a donation themselves.