Re: [O] Fwd: Re: Bug? in texinfo exporter

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Re: Bug? in texinfo exporter
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 07:08:33 -0500

On Feb 11, 2013 1:59 AM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
> > Aloha Jon,
>
> [...]
>
> > Yes, I believe you are right.  The commas are not the culprits.
> > Apologies for the red herring.
> >
> > Perhaps Nicolas should revert the commit?  Could you check if this is
> > the right thing to do?
>
> My fix isn't about the comma. Didn't it work?

Your fix seems to have worked from what I can see (it was what I was thinking of fixing at least). The comma was Tom's initial guess.

> > I *have* found a bug/limitation of the texinfo exporter.  If a link is
> > split between two lines the exporter doesn't handle it correctly.  A
> > split link is exported like @ref{A-split-link}, when it should be @ref{A
> > split link}, I think.
> >
> > If this is a limitation, please let me know so I can put all the links
> > on one line.
>
> There's no such limitation. Could you provide an ECM for that?

I think Tom might be referring to when a line is hard wrapped with M-q. It seems to affect the description of the org link to escape the spaces. I'm not sure what effect this has on export. From what Tom is saying it isn't unescaping the text.

Regards,
Jon