Re: [O] double-width characters in tables

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] double-width characters in tables
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:55:41 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> 《蛙》
> 123456
>
> Doesn't that line up for you? Those bracket characters come with their
> own "whitespace", maybe this is clearer:
>
> 正能量
> 123456

The chinese line and the 123456 one are not of the same
visual/geometrical width for me, even if they both count as 6
characters.

See the screenshots, where you can see it quickly.

> One Chinese character should definitely take up two screen columns.

Not for me... perhaps that's because I don't have a monospace font
for chinese characters?  Do you?

> I'd love to file a bug report but I honestly don't know where this comes
> from. If it's not org-add-props or relatives, what emacs function is
> responsible?

Unless you don't see the difference I observe here on my screen,
this may be a bug in Emacs internal display engine.

 Bastien