Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:15:21 +1030

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Pray explain why Carsten appears in the followup post and you yourself
> don't figure in it.

Jambunathan,

I cannot speak for Carsten.  In my case, if I send an email to the list,
I would expect following responses to go to that list as well; I don't
need to get the emails directly addressed to me as I subscribe to the
list.

I realise that this is possibly non-intuitive based on normal practice
for non-mailing list emails but, for a list, I think this is the best
default as it makes it easy to respond to a list as opposed to the
individual.

I tell gnus I am subscribed to this list and it takes care of setting
the headers for me.  I have only customised the following two variables:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq
      message-subscribed-address-functions '(gnus-find-subscribed-addresses)
      message-subscribed-addresses '("address@hidden" "address@hidden")
      )
#+end_src

If there is a consensus on the list that I am going against some form of
etiquette for this list, I am happy to change my settings.  I have no
interest in annoying people!

eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-988-g1f8c8d