Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:16:13 -0500

On 13 February 2013 13:08, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

I offer to take over maintainership of Org.

I have to say -1 as well.

Offer closes in 7 days.  Only pre-condition will be that Org-8.0 and
subsequent releases happen under my supervision.
Is there something in particular about the forthcoming 8.0 that you would
want done differently from how it currently is being done?  Considering Bastien's
current plan is to push towards releasing it in the near future.

Principals and riff-raffs can PM me with your thoughts.  I defend your
 right to choose the maintainer or express yourself freely.

The tone in this bit, classifying readers of the list either as principals (I'm assuming
this would be Bastien and others who are highly active in maintaining and updating
Org) or riff-raff (meaning the rest of the user base?) is hardly endearing.

I appreciate the org-odt exporter, I haven't had much use for it but what I have had to
use it for it worked perfectly.  However your attitude in the past has often struck me as
abrasive or argumentative when there was little to no reason for it.  Either there's some
underlying reason for your apparent dislike for Bastien and his approach to maintaining
Org, or some argument in the past that I am not aware of.

Regardless, Bastien is doing a fine job from what I can see, he is certainly actively assisting
users who post with questions or bugs, even when they occurred during a time where he was
absent (with prior notice).  Perhaps he has not contributed to certain aspects as others have,
however his presence and monitoring of the smaller aspects does allow for further development
to proceed without being interrupted by every issue.

Regards,
Jon
--

Note: Anger is futile, particularly over the internet.