Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:06:45 +0530

You seem to stand out in the mob.  So some personal hugs from side.

>> Offer closes in 7 days.  Only pre-condition will be that Org-8.0 and
>> subsequent releases happen under my supervision.
>>
> Is there something in particular about the forthcoming 8.0 that you
> would want done differently from how it currently is being done?
> Considering Bastien's current plan is to push towards releasing it in
> the near future.

I wish more people ask an open-ended question rather than sit in
judgement seat.  Trial by jury is always interesting.  (There is also an
interesting movie I have seen on this topic, decades ago.)

> I appreciate the org-odt exporter, I haven't had much use for it but
> what I have had to use it for it worked perfectly.  However your
> attitude in the past has often struck me as abrasive or argumentative
> when there was little to no reason for it.  Either there's some
> underlying reason for your apparent dislike for Bastien and his
> approach to maintaining Org, or some argument in the past that I am
> not aware of.

Why would most people think that I am a moron.  The last line is
exemplary of what the jury and the judge should mull about.

ps-1: I refuse to answer your questions.  The debate and offer is on my
      terms if people don't understand it.

ps-2: I am calling everyone's bluff, if you haven't realized it already.
      (Believe me, I am not acting like a smart donkey here.)

ps-3: An extra and a proven hand helps particularly in volunteer driven
      efforts.  My palm could be stinking?  Does that mean my code
      stinks.  Most people would rather talk, than look, think, ask or
      do?