Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: #+STARTUP: overview and org-startup-folded have no effect [7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d @ /home/horn/Repos/el/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:18:56 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

>> So the problem seems to be that only if an agenda file is opened
>> during execution of `org-agenda-list', it's expanded completely.
>> Else, `org-startup-folded' works correctly.
>
> Exactly -- hence this commit:
>
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=981c6d
>
> I hope it's clear enough, let me know otherwise.

Yes, now the docs are clear again.  But still the change itself seems
like a premature optimization to me.  It might make a difference when
you have megabyte large agenda files or a very slow computer, but is
that the norm among users justifying such a change?

Well, anyway.  I've set `org-agenda-inhibit-startup' to nil, and now I'm
satisfied again.

BTW, that reminds me of http://xkcd.com/1172/. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo