[O] Reloading uncompiled and testing from several git branches (was: Mac

From: Bastien
Subject: [O] Reloading uncompiled and testing from several git branches (was: Macro question with new texinfo exporter)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:23:29 +0100

(Updating the subject.)

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Related to this -- how do you folks handle multiple local git branches?
> Do you always run uncompiled, and follow every git checkout with
> org-reload? I've caught myself several times recently doing git
> checkouts and reloading, but of course still reloading the byte-compiled
> files from the previous branch....

Yes, that's the mistake I often did.  Especially because make test
compiles the file and do not deleted the compiled files.

Maybe we can have make testclean = make test && make clean

Achim, would that be useful?

I don't compile and I reload with C-u M-x org-reload RET.  This way
I have no problem switching from one branch to another, provided my
setup is not shadowing current variables the wrong way.)

--
 Bastien