Re: [O] [New exporter] Should there be an option to kill/exit the dispat

From: Charles
Subject: Re: [O] [New exporter] Should there be an option to kill/exit the dispatcher without using it
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:45:25 -0500

Hello, Nicolas,

On 2/16/2013 9:09 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Charles <address@hidden> writes:

I'm not sure if my immediate follow up was sent to the list.

I forgot about C-g.

Charlie Millar

On 2/16/2013 8:45 AM, Charles wrote:
System Windows 7, 64 bit
Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2012-08-28 on mRVIN
Org-mode 7.9.3 (7.9.3e-14-g981c6d @  c:/Org/lisp/)

It appears that there is no simple option in the export dispatcher to
either switch to and then kill or simply kill the export dispatcher UI
(or buffer) if you do not want to use it after you call it.

I called up the new dispatcher only for a look-see and no more.

After C-c C-e, the point remained in the original buffer. I then wanted
to kill/exit the dispatcher without using it.

1.    I attempted to switch to the dispatcher.

      a. C-x exported the original buffer to XOXO. (no chance to enter
the "b" key)

      b. M-x produced "Wrong type argument: character, 134217848." There
was no chance to enter "switch buffer" after M-x.

2.    Just for fun I entered "q" and it produced "No command associated
with key q."

In all three cases the dispatcher remained open but not visible. I was
then able to switch to the dispatcher and kill it.

If you see XOXO export, you're not looking at the new exporter
interface.

Regards,

You are right. I was not looking at the new exporter. For that matter, I did not understand how to invoke the new exporter in a Windows 7 set up.

That said, when I do load the new exporter as described in the release notes 7.9.2 on my system, the "q" key does not show on the dispatcher ui; however, pressing q does exit the dispatcher.

On my Cygwin setup (same machine) the export dispatcher does show q as quit or exit. I update the org files in Cygwin using git, usually once per day. I looked at org/lisp and find that the exporter is now ox-[name]. Is that correct?

Perhaps when the ox-[name] files become available in the org/lisp in Org 8 this option will appear in a plain Windows set up (if there is such a thing).

I therefore conclude that someone has already suggested adding the line "q for quit", that it has been implemented in the bleeding edge and I over looked any messages to that effect and my research was poorly executed.

Best, Charlie