Re: [O] two questions about the new exporter (#+Style: and org-export-ht

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] two questions about the new exporter (#+Style: and org-export-html-postamble)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:41:36 -0500

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First let me say kudos to Nicolas for the implementation and to him and
> Bastien for making the transition, it seems rather like changing the
> engine on a plane in mid flight (all while handling a rowdy group of
> passengers).
>
> For the first time I'm really using this new exporter, and I have
> noticed two thing which surprise me and seem at first glance to be
> behaving incorrectly (although it is likely my expectations which are
> incorrect).
>
> 1. The value of org-export-html-postamble doesn't appear to be honored.
>    I often set this variable in a file local line at the top of a file,
>    and despite setting it to nil I still see a postamble in my exported
>    html.

Rainer had the same question. I believe such variables are considered
backend-specific and so the names have been changed: they've lost the
"export-" part.

In general, you might want to try changing the name and trying again.

Presumably that will be clarified when the documentation is available,
but for now I hope it's a reasonable guideline (but subject to corrections).

Nick