Re: [O] [new exporter] Guides on what incompatibilities to watch for?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Guides on what incompatibilities to watch for?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:04:18 +0100

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:57:03AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not very specific in this mail, but am wondering…
>
> I have some nontrivial documents written in Org-mode. My main use case
> for Org is mostly to author texts, rather than using its time-tracking
> features. I fear that with the new exporter, several of my documents'
> features will no longer work or -worse- be interpretted differently,
> having a negative impact in my output.
>
> Is there a guide on what items should I mostly watch for (or even
> better, what syntax changes should I make) to get my results as
> similar as possible to what I had beforehand?
>
> I am not yet running with the new release; as I follow the Debian
> packaging, I'll rather wait until it "lands" in my system. Still, I
> want to prepare and not let this get me off-guard!

Take a look here:

<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#new-exporter-switch>

Apart from that I know about the following changes in syntax (to the
best of my knowledge):
1. Attribute lines now take plists
   : #+attr_latex :width "5cm"
   : #+attr_beamer :options "width=5cm"
2. Beamer backend now interprets nested headline levels as blocks
   instead of lists.  For some preliminary guidance you can look at
   this:
   <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/org-e-beamer.html>.

Hope this helps,

--