Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:33:20 +0000

"W. Greenhouse" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> with org up to date from git repository as of a few minutes ago, trying
>> to insert a day diary entry from the agenda view
>> (org-agenda-diary-entry) fails.  Debug trace is attached.
>>
>> I cannot see what could be causing this problem.  Any suggestions?  I
>> can start trying to bisect on recent changes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> eric
>
> Does the `diary.org' file already exist with at least one headline in
> it?

Sorry, I should maybe have given a few more details.  My diary.org file
does exist, it has approximately 650 lines and uses a date tree
format.  Plenty of headlines!

Inserting an entry from the agenda view is how I normally add dairy
appointments and I do this several times a day typically.

In any case, the problem has disappeared between this morning and now
(middle of the evening).  I note that there have been several patches to
org-agenda.el and one looks very much like it addresses the problem I
had.

All's well! :-)

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-1123-g33d362