Re: [O] Showing only subprojects in the agenda

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Showing only subprojects in the agenda
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:56:13 -0500

Wiskey 5 Alpha <address@hidden> writes:

>     I'm sure this is not as complicated as i am making it out to be, but i
> have tried every option i can think of.
>
>     My org files consist of three todo states : TODO NEXT | DONE
> Any TODO is a project, and it may have sub projects like so :
>
> * TODO Make dinner
> ** TODO Make homemade pizza
> *** NEXT roll out the crust
> *** NEXT add sauce
> *** NEXT add cheese
> ** TODO Make a side salad
> *** NEXT chop lettuce
> *** NEXT chop tomatos
>
> What I would like is to have my projects list agenda show :
> TODO Make homemade pizza
> TODO Make side salad
>
> Basically, my projects are any TODO that has no TODO children, but may have
> NEXT children.
>
> How can i get the agenda view to only show them ?
>
> thanks
> -Tim

Hi Tim,

You should be able to achieve what you are looking for with a custom
agenda skip function.  I have skip functions to show (or skip) projects
in my setup and you should be able to adapt some of that for your needs.

See

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#CustomAgendaViewSetup and
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Projects

for examples of what I use.