Re: [O] Showing only subprojects in the agenda

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Showing only subprojects in the agenda
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:54:04 -0500

Tim <address@hidden> writes:

> At Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:56:13 -0500,
> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>>
>> Wiskey 5 Alpha <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> >     I'm sure this is not as complicated as i am making it out to be, but i
>> > have tried every option i can think of.
>>
>> You should be able to achieve what you are looking for with a custom
>> agenda skip function.  I have skip functions to show (or skip) projects
>> in my setup and you should be able to adapt some of that for your needs.
>>
> Thanks Bernt, I guess it /is/ that complicated.  I will take a look but I
> am not much of an elisp programmer yet....
>
> -Tim

If all of your projects are normally at level 2 will this work?

C-c a m LEVEL=2/!TODO RET

If that works then you can define an agenda as

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      (quote (("p" "Projects" tags-todo "LEVEL=2/!TODO"
               ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects")
                (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
                 '(category-keep)))))))

Bernt