Re: [O] org-element

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-element
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:25:13 +0100

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:38:16AM +0000, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>
>> How is one supposed to write (longer) equations out on multiple lines
>> (leaving
>> the operators behind on the previous line obviously works, but is ugly)?
>
> I use LaTeX blocks.  So your example would translate to:
>
> #+begin_latex
>   \begin{equation}
>     r = a
>     + b
>     - c
>   \end{equation}
> #+begin_latex

This is a bit different from what the OP is asking for. A LaTeX block
will only be exported by a latex (or derived) back-end. On the other
hand, \[1+1\] may be exported by any back-end (for example using mathjax
in html).

Anyway, the equivalent would be a LaTeX environment:

  \begin{equation*}
  r = a
  + b
  - c