Re: [O] bug-tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] bug-tracker
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:28:51 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it OK to report bugs for upstream/development versions through
> `report-emacs-bugs', though? I always thought this should only be used
> for stuff that's actually bundled with Emacs (what about bugs in
> org/contrib, for instance?).

debbugs.gnu.org is not only for Emacs. See
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/ix/packages.html> which other projects are
hosted there. "gnus" is a prominent example for a subpackage of Emacs
with an own bug package using debbugs.gnu.org.

An alternative approach is tagging bugs of a project with your package
name. See existing user tags of project emacs at
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgindex.cgi?indexon=usertag;user=emacs>. "cedet"
uses this mechanism already.

And shame on me, Tramp doesn't use debbugs.gnu.org (yet).

> -David

Best regards, Michael.