Re: [O] [new exporter] 2 questions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] 2 questions
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:09:39 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> True, that's why there's also inline \[...\]. But you have to accept
>> paragraph limitations (no empty line, do not start a line with list
>> markers...).
>
> Now, given that difference and the fact that these things can span
> over multiple lines and thus include the beginning of line (which
> creates the contention between different tiers of org-element's
> parsing hierarchy),

Note that filling/auto-filling will never put you in this situation,
since Org has a protection mechanism. IOW, if you end up with a list
marker at the beginning of a line, it's your fault.

> let me ask one more time if it would be possible to escape the beginning
> of line (most likely and the obvious choices given Org's history would
> be ":" or ",") in a general fashion

Be careful here. ": " at a beginning of a line defines a fixed-width
area. It is an element and, therefore, would have precedence over your
math snippet. In this case, fontification will warn you.

Adding comma escaping in an object would be complicated because of
filling. It would also add even more problems. So, no, there needn't be
a protection mechanism in inline math snippets.

Also, let me remind you that, LaTeX-wise, "-2" is equivalent to "- 2".
So, you can avoid that list marker problem pretty easily.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou