Re: [O] M-S-(down-arrow) worked briefly this morning and now does not

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] M-S-(down-arrow) worked briefly this morning and now does not
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:18:20 -0500

Susan Cragin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
> I updated my emacs git, got the new org-mode, and tried M-S-UpArrow.
> And it worked. I was elated.
> And then I closed the program and re-opened it, and now it no longer works.
> The message is:
> This command is active in special context like tables, headlines or items

Not sure what version you are using, but in the version I'm using which is from
yesterday or the day before:

Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-1199-g3a0e55 @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

that message is only triggered if S-M-left or S-M-right is invoked on
the non-special context (i.e. just an ordinary line).

OTOH, S-M-up and S-M-down end up calling org-drag-line-backward and
org-drag-line-forward respectively. So either you are pressing the wrong
arrow key or a bug has been introduced in the last day or so.

Nick