Re: [O] pxref in texinfo export

From: Subhan Tindall
Subject: Re: [O] pxref in texinfo export
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:01:38 -0800

The point being that compiling .texinfo source into an Info file
treats references differently. For example:
(@pxref{my_node_name}).  will compile just fine.
(@ref{my_node_name}). will not.  There are also differences in case
(see v. See, note v. Note), and differences in output by ref type
depending on target output of file (info, DVI, HTML,...). For example,
@pxref generates different punctuation for typeset v. info files, @ref
does not generate a 'See ' in printed material while @xref does, etc.

Although the differences are subtle, they really are not equivalent
and should not be treated as such.