Re: [O] org-meta-return

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-meta-return
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:54:26 +0000

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric,

[...]

> Quite a bit OT, but is it true that, for example, to type `C-whatever', we
> should use both hands, one for `C' and the other for `whatever'?

Hi Seb,

Yes, just as one should do with the shift key.  However, the problem
with C- is that the right control key is in random locations...  I
should add that I always remap the CAPS lock to be my left Control key.

This whole topic may look like it is indeed OT (sorry!) but it is
actually quite relevant for org in that many key sequences are C- and M-
based, not to mention M-S-...  Okay, maybe this is an emacs issue rather
than just org alone.

Luckily, for me, I have been able to remap the majority of the ones I
use (not that many) to single key strokes in evil's [1] /normal/ state
including < and > for org-metaleft and org-metaright.  Prior to my using
evil full time, I made extensive use of the speek keys in org.

And, using evil mode allows me to use org more capably when on a TTY
interface, e.g. via ssh from my phone where M- is impossible and even
some S- keystrokes are inaccessible.

Footnotes:
[1]  git://gitorious.org/evil/evil.git

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3f-1199-g3a0e55