Re: [O] [bug] Inline tasks are exported, even with noexport tag

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Inline tasks are exported, even with noexport tag
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:44:19 +0100

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> The following ECM fails on 2 fronts:
>
> - the `noexport' tag on the inline task is not respected;

Should it? Inlinetasks are not headlines, even though they use
a somewhat similar syntax. :noexport: tag applies to trees. Inlinetasks
do not define a tree.

More generally, `org-export-with-tasks', `org-export-select-tags' and
`org-export-exclude-tags' only apply on headlines.

On the other hand, `org-export-with-inlinetasks' allows you to ignore
inlinetasks completely during export. For conditional export, you may
also want to look at drawers, which can be included/excluded by their
name.

> - the exported contents (because of the previous item) is not compilable in
>   LaTeX (maybe the default in `org-latex-inlinetask' is not generic enough for
>   handling such a content, or there are restrictions on the contents of inline
>   tasks which I did not respect?)

>From the Org POV, you can put anything in an inlinetask excepted another
inlinetask and a headline.

`latex' backend puts contents within \fbox and a \minipage environments.
It's possible that verbatim is not allowed within one of them, I didn't
check. It's quite difficult to come up with something visually different
and yet general enough. You can also use
`org-latex-format-inlinetask-function'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou