Re: [O] Bad indentation with visual-line-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bad indentation with visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:06:23 +0100

Hi Torsten,

Torsten Bronger <address@hidden> writes:

> But my point is that I don't want to
> have indentation of the subtrees, only of the list items.  This
> basically means that org-indent-mode isn't the solution I am looking
> for.

Mhh.. Indeed.

> Besides, setting org-indent-indentation-per-level to "0"
> triggers this error on startup:
>
>     Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> `/home/bronger/.emacs':
>
>     Args out of range: [nil * ** *** **** ***** ****** ******* ********
> ********* ********** *********** ************ ************* **************
> *************** **************** ***************** ******************
> ******************* ******************** nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
> nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil], -1
>
> Should I report a bug?

Fixed, thanks!

> And, shouldn't visual-line-mode's behaviour that it doesn't respect
> the indentation of org-mode be considerd a bug, too?

I don't think so, I believe this is an inherent limitation of
visual-line-mode.

The basic meaning of "indentation" is "indentation at the true
beginning of a line", not "indentation at the visual left margin", so
I doubt anyone can claim that the visual "indentation" you see with
`visual-line-mode' should be displayed like the real indentation you
have without out.

HTH,

--
 Bastien