Re: [O] [BABEL] the julia language

From: Jay Kerns
Subject: Re: [O] [BABEL] the julia language
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:27:53 -0500

Dear Eric,

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> Having read through intro-julia.org and scanned ob-julia.el I have to
> say this looks great.  Thanks for sharing!

I should be saying "Thanks" to you!  Org Babel is truly great work; I
use it almost every day of my life.

> Would you be willing to contribute ob-julia.el to the Org-mode
> repository?

Yes, of course, it would be an honor to give back to the Org
community.  And I'm not just saying that.

> I don't see you listed as an Org-mode contributor (see
> [1]), so to do so you would likely have to complete the FSF copyright
> attribution.  Please let me (and more importantly Bastien) know if this
> is something you'd like to do, so we can help get julia support into
> Org-mode.

OK, I'll get started on that right away.

> Additionally, it would be nice for your excellent introduction to be
> added to worg, and for julia to be listed as a supported babel language
> (see [2]).

Thanks for the kind words, and I would be happy to contribute to worg.
 I've been sitting on my hands about worg so far because I'm scared
I'm going to break it with something that isn't compatible with the
old exporter.  In an earlier message Bastien indicated that Org 8.0
might be coming out in a few weeks (thanks, Bastien!) and I've been
trying to wait for it patiently.

In the meantime, maybe I'll check out the maintenance branch and dig
up those old configurations to get the ball rolling on my side.

--
Jay