Re: [O] [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:06:35 -0600

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> It does. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> Does it? Even though the internals have been rewritten, it shouldn't
>> change anything to syntax.
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> Sorry, this is completely orthogonal to the new exporter. These are
> changes that should have been on the worg page before. E.g. For a while
> the exporter supported tj3. This fact was never properly publizized and
> the worg page still shows screen shots with tj2.

Agreed -- there are some threads I may have started or at least
contributed to about using with tj3. I've still been using it (in
fact, just today without even seeing this) and can voice some issues I
had. I had to change some variables to work properly, and even if the
syntax would work with tj3, the default report never has.

You need a report definition that's tj3 compatible saved to
reports.tji and then set Org to use "include reports.tji" for the
report definition.
- This thread has some helpful stuff:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/51814

I volunteer to help update Worg, if desired. I've been using emacs to
just write the .tjp directly, but wanted to switch to using the actual
Orgmode format for easier rearranging. I can go through that process
and document stuff along the way and send it to the list if that would
be helpful, or just push it to Worg. From monitoring tj a bit over the
past year or two, I'd suggest just using v3.0 as that's what all the
development is going toward. Or is there still compelling reason to
keep v2.4?

John