Re: [O] URGENT Need help fixing beamer exporting, can someone jump on IR

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] URGENT Need help fixing beamer exporting, can someone jump on IRC?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 23:28:35 +0800

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, sorry to press, but is anyone on the org-mode IRC channel?
>
> The new beamer exporter has suddenly gotten borked on my system and I
> can't restore it. I have class tomorrow morning. This is an emergency.

OK, in desperation, I checked out my sandbox branch (based on master),
cleaned all the elc files, and quit and relaunched Emacs. Now it's
fine.

I had been using C-c C-x ! to reload org after doing a "make" but this
turned out to mess things up pretty badly. I could get reasonable
behavior only by quitting emacs and restarting it. I don't know if
that should be considered a bug or not. Perhaps I don't understand
what C-c C-x ! is supposed to do? Tonight at least, it was totally
unreliable.

So, crisis averted, but it was quite scary to get essentially complete
garbage from the beamer exporter...

hjh