Re: [O] URGENT Need help fixing beamer exporting, can someone jump on IR

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] URGENT Need help fixing beamer exporting, can someone jump on IRC?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:44:34 +0100

Hi James,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:28:35PM +0800, James Harkins wrote:
> I had been using C-c C-x ! to reload org after doing a "make" but this
> turned out to mess things up pretty badly. I could get reasonable
> behavior only by quitting emacs and restarting it. I don't know if
> that should be considered a bug or not. Perhaps I don't understand
> what C-c C-x ! is supposed to do? Tonight at least, it was totally
> unreliable.

org-reload is there for convenience, quite often a proper emacs restart
is indeed required to get a consistent Org instance.

That said, I have noticed something odd about the new exporter and
org-reload.  I think with the new exporter after doing org-reload, org
related config is not reloaded properly.  This borks the Org instance.
This is more visible when using the Beamer backend since it requires
customisation of org-latex-classes by the user.  One of these days, I'll
try to come up with a proper recipe to reproduce this.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu