Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:05:19 +0100

Hello,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> There has been some change in the behaviour of #+CAPTION in case of
> tables made by source blocks. In the old exporter, #+CAPTION just
> before #+BEGIN_SRC was sufficient to place the caption before the
> table when the file was exported.
>
> The new exporter does not produce captions the same way.
>
> When I looked through the list archives, I found some discussion (
> http://list-archives.org/2012/08/20/emacs-orgmode-gnu-org/o-new-exporter-and-latex-attributes/f/2837855005,
> and http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg57188.html )
>
> It is, however, not clear if the problem was finally resolved and what
> is the recommended practice. Could somebody explain?

CAPTION keyword above a source block applies to the source block only.
If the source block generates a table, you have to put a CAPTION above
it, as it will not inherit the caption of the source block.

It also implies that you need to name the results. Otherwise, source
block will not recognize its own production, due to the CAPTION keyword
above it.

HTH,

Regards,

--