Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks

From: Mike McLean
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:52:54 -0500

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

>> CAPTION keyword above a source block applies to the source block only.
>> If the source block generates a table, you have to put a CAPTION above
>> it, as it will not inherit the caption of the source block.
>>
>> It also implies that you need to name the results. Otherwise, source
>> block will not recognize its own production, due to the CAPTION keyword
>> above it.
>>

> Thank you once again Nicolas.
>
> I understand from this that the variable org-babel-results-keyword has
> to be changed to NAME. I did this and it works.
>
> Is there a way that this could be file-specific?

I wasn't clear. By "naming the results", I mean that you must provide
your source block a "#+NAME: something" attribute, so the generated
table gets a "#+RESULTS: something" attribute.

Interesting that this topic comes up today just as I noticed it. I'm still unclear about how to put the CAPTION keyword in when using a dynamic block via org-collector.el.

I have the lines below and I do not get a table caption like I used to in the old exporter.

#+NAME: tbl-coi
#+CAPTION: COI Table
#+BEGIN: propview :colnames ( "Area" "Shorthand" "COI" ) :cols ( AREA CATEGORY ITEM ) :match "+COI+LEVEL=2-ARCHIVE" :noquote t :scope agenda :inherit (AREA)

Mike