Re: [O] [new exporter] [html] Tables of Contents

From: T.F. Torrey
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] [html] Tables of Contents
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:37:52 -0700

Hello Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

[... 13 lines omitted ...]

>> Subtree export of headline 1, but with section numbers starting at 1.
>> Subtree export of headline 2, but with section numbers starting at 2.
>> Splice them together.
>
> Considering that HTML exporter can export a subtree, I believe you can
> do some XSLT magic so that the individual HTML generated by Org is
> transformed before being spliced.
>
> Do you really want this to be supported within the scope of the Org
> exporter?  Are you sure you have explored all the tricks in your bag
> before raising this request.  Just wanted to confirm, because you seem
> to be the HTML expert among the three of us...

I'm not sure we are talking about the same issues.  For one thing, you
are replying to yourself here.  I did not suggest this.  My request was
merely for valid XML ID's for tables of contents from the HTML exporter,
given that most of the XML tricks in my bag depend on valid XML input.

[... 11 lines omitted ...]

> Allow a subtree to take EXPORT_TOC property.  (There should be a way to
> specifiy where this TOC will end up in - beginning of that chapter or
> end of the chapter)
>
> Similarly, one could introduce EXPORT_ENDNOTES property whereby each
> chapter can have it's own self-contained "End Notes section".

I don't think these are related to my original concern, but they do
sound like interesting ideas that might be of use to me.  They also
sound like a lot of work.  Should this be taken up again after the 8.0
release?

Best regards,
Terry
--