Re: [O] trouble exporting just one subtree while using babel and R code

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] trouble exporting just one subtree while using babel and R code blocks--spoke too soon
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 14:36:56 +0000

Christopher W Ryan <address@hidden> writes:

> I have to admit I'm not yet experienced enough with org mode to know
> about the new exporter versus the old. I've been trying to ignore the
> conversations on the list about the new exporter, since, at least
> until now, whatever org mode was doing was what I needed it to do.
>
> I have org mode 7.9.3f. Does that mean I am using any particular
> exporter?  How do I tell which exporter I am using with C-c C-e d ?

I believe that, if you are using 7.9.3f, you should be using the new
exporter.  However, the key bindings you mentioned in the previous
posting indicated that you were accessing the old exporter.  This may
mean that you have a confused configuration (easy to do at the moment
due to the transition taking place between old and new exporters).

One way to find out what you are using is to check what C-c C-e is bound
to: C-h c C-c C-e.  If this says org-export-dispatch, it is the new
one.  The old one, I believe, was bound to org-export alone.  The former
gives a two level selection mechanism (e.g. you choose l for LaTeX first
and then another letter for actual target for the export, e.g. tex vs
pdf).  The latter uses only one letter to accomplish both selections.

I hope this makes sense.
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3f-1199-g3a0e55