Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:48:17 +0100

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> For the same reason, caption here applies to the dynamic block, not to
>> its contents.
>
> This seems to be a common enough mistake and it is currently impossible
> to put captions and other arguments on results blocks save with yet
> another source block that produces the correct org code (well you can
> put the headers there after the result has been generated, but then you
> have to delete all that stuff before generating a new result).

It's very easy to have a caption on the generated output: name the code.
Hence, the following code block:

  #+NAME: calculation
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

will produce:

  #+RESULTS: calculation
  2

If you add a caption to the results, like:

  #+CAPTION: Basic arithmetic
  #+RESULTS: calculation
  2

you can update the source block without ever needing to remove the
caption.

At some point, it would be nice if Babel could find captioned anonymous
results (so you wouldn't even have to name the block). I'll have a look
at it. But meanwhile, this solution is sufficient.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou