Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Captions for tables made by source blocks
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:41:54 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> It's very easy to have a caption on the generated output: name the code.
> Hence, the following code block:
>
>   #+NAME: calculation
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> will produce:
>
>   #+RESULTS: calculation
>   2
>
> If you add a caption to the results, like:
>
>   #+CAPTION: Basic arithmetic
>   #+RESULTS: calculation
>   2
>
> you can update the source block without ever needing to remove the
> caption.

Great.  I could swear the last time I was trying this it would add a new
result block on top of the old one, but I may have changed the name
inbetween.  It would still be nice (I think) if an unnamed source block would
simply replace the next unnamed result block if there is one.

> At some point, it would be nice if Babel could find captioned anonymous
> results (so you wouldn't even have to name the block). I'll have a look
> at it. But meanwhile, this solution is sufficient.

Oh absolutely.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: