Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:37:30 +0100

Leo Liu <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2013-03-08 14:40 +0800, Bastien wrote:
>> I find it hard to draw a clear line between regressions and bugs,
>> especially since Org 7.9.x versions are way behind the current Org
>> master branch.
>
> I think org-mode is better in ELPA, a better distribution channel than
> the core for things like org-mode. Bundling it in emacs doesn't help
> anybody.

I strongly think otherwise: Emacs needs a good outline and editing
tool.  outline.el is not usable enough and I can see no other Emacs
tool than Org-mode for exporting to HTML/LaTeX/ODT easily.

I understand the temptation in terms of maintainance, but I think
maintainance problems should not take priority over usefulness of
the code.

--
 Bastien