Re: [O] ox-html.el removal

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html.el removal
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:37:47 -1000

Aloha Christopher,

Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> #+BEGIN my2cents
> If Jambunathan does not want code he wrote to be part of Org any more,
> I'd respect his wish.  At first sight this is a loss for Org.  This
> does not need to be the end, though.  GSoC is coming up, rewriting
> specific exporter look like great projects.

I don't think it is in the community's best interest to respect
Jambunathan's wish. I agree with you that losing code he contributed
would be a loss for the Org community.  Why should our community
sustain such a loss?

On the other hand, I think your GSoC idea is a good one.  Working with
Nicolas' export framework would be a terrific experience for students.
If the GSoC coders come up with a functional replacement for ox-html,
then we can choose to use the replacement, instead.  I guess this would
be Nicolas call as potential mentor?

I think the Org community might want to decide whether or not to accept
patches from Jambunathan K in the future.  I don't think we are under
any obligation to accept his contributions.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye