Re: [O] ox-html.el removal

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html.el removal
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:39:22 -1000

Aloha Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Even if my combative positioning doesn't amount to anything much, I want
> to throw in a little friction by the way of Bastien and the current
> release.  I am stating my purpose in no uncertain terms - yes it is to
> delay the release or cause confusion.

Neither of these contributes to the goals of the Org community.  I
appreciate your honesty in stating them specifically, but a contributing
member of the Org community would be ashamed to share these purposes.

> I contribute to Free Software under my pleasure - it is my time and
> efforts and my resources - and I have freedom to exercise my discretion
> on what conditions and what projects I contribute to.

Yes, absolutely.  And the Org community is free to reject contributions
as it sees fit.

> So I will release ox-odt.el for inclusion in to Emacs or GNU ELPA after
> a 6 month or 1 year period.  My code is meant for others to use and I am
> not bothered about a 6 month or a 1 year break.

Good news.  I look forward to the release of this code.  It would be
great if you could announce the release on our mailing list.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye