Re: [O] ox-html.el removal

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html.el removal
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:11:24 +0100

Jambunathan K writes:
> I would like to remove ox-html.el from Org distribution.  My
> relationship with ox-html.el is a bit complicated and I am not sure how
> far I can go forward on this front.

Legal questions aside, which I'm not qualified to answer, here's a
german proverb:
  "Geschenkt is geschenkt, wiederholen ist gestohlen."
This very roughly translates to
  "The gift is given, taking it back is thievery."

Nevertheless my suggestion to the Org community is to respect your wish
and move these two files to contrib and see that they get re-implemented
for later inclusion into Emacs unencumbered by any dispute surrounding
them.

> I am willing to go as far is humanly possible for me to have my
> displeasure registered.

Rest assured we've registered it.  Another german proverb:
  "Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten."
Probably an even worse translation of this is
  "Embarking travellers should not be asked to stay."

Best of luck in your endeavours.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: