Re: [O] Meaning of install

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Meaning of install
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:14:31 -1000

Aloha Achim and Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

>> It seems clear to me that `install' is being used in two different senses
>> here.  I'd like to disambiguate--can someone suggest a concise way to do
>> this?
>
> Using Org from Git can be done in two fundamentally different ways:
>
>  a) using the worktree directly as your installation,
>
>  b) using it as the source for an installation in a different place.
>
> Installation is used here in the sense that your Emacs runs the
> "installed" code.

Yes, I think this structure needs to be reflected more clearly in the
manual.  I'll propose some new language when I get back to this.

In the meantime, one more question. What are the considerations for the
location of the worktree? If possible, I think it would be a good idea
for the manual to make a recommendation for the worktree location and
also provide a suitable warning about where *not* to put the worktree,
if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Tom
--