[O] Beginner footnotes question

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] Beginner footnotes question
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 23:59:43 -0500

I just started learning org-mode today and I'm having trouble understanding footnotes. I'm seeing that there are different ways to embed a footnote "marker" in your ongoing work, but where do the actual full, expanded footnotes go? In a single .org file, I'm presuming footnotes go "at the bottom" of that file. Is this correct? Actually, I'd prefer footnotes to be in a separate ascii file, almost like a many-to-many relationship.

LB