Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadlin

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadline)?
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:01:13 +0100

Hi Martin,

Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks a lot! Your wild guess saved me (partially)!
> I never needed that up to now (and first had to install make,
> as I am working on
> Windows an need to use Cygwin for that) but finally it worked.
>
> However I still have the problem that M-x org-version produces
> an error:
> Org-mode version N/A-fixup (N/A-fixup !!check installation!! @
> c:/Users/mynameDocuments/sorga/org-mode/org_current/lisp/)
> Is this normal in a beta?

Nope.  Did you run ~$ make autoloads (or simply ~$ make)
and set the correct load-paths?

> Another problem: org-export is missing,
> the file does not exist in lisp or
> contrib/lisp.
> I could not find anything about that in the mailing list,
> maybe I've overlooked it?
>
> When trying to open an agenda, I get the error:
> org-entries-lessp: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Same problems as above.

> Did I do something wrong or is the "typical beta-experience"?
> So then I think I've go back to 7.9.4 and await version 8 with patience.
> (Or is there a way to get the new sorting features already with Version 7.9?
>
> Concerning the instructions:
> from my point of view it is not clear what has to be done to use the beta
> version and what risks there are.
> (For a programmer this might be clear, for a normal user this is not
> clear IMHO.)

The instructions for using a "beta" are in the "Using Org's git
repository" subsection and requires people to have Git installed
on their machine.  If you have Git, its better to clone the repo
than to download the .zip from the repo.

> Sorry for my beginner questions and merci beaucoup!

Pas de problème :)

--
 Bastien