Re: [O] posting guide?

From: Jay Kerns
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 22:36:29 -0400

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Robert Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> I share Bastien's opinion.  My experience with community building is
> that describing and rewarding exemplary behavior is much more useful
> than attempting to set strict rules of behavior.  You need some basic
> rules, but then emphasize describing excellence.
>
> It's much better for people trying be "be like her, because everyone
> respects and honors her", rather than following some set of detailed
> rules.
>
> R Horn
> address@hidden

You know, I don't disagree with any of that.

Re: empty words, in my view, the measure of any statement is the
veracity of the person who says it, or in this case, the resolve
of the community who lives by it.

Or not.  :-)

After having reviewed the paragraph on the Worg page that Tom
mentioned, it is clear that there already exists a
community-driven place to give guidance about what is
considered (un)acceptable behavior on this list.

As promised, I added a sentence to that paragraph: "Ad hominem
comments are out of place and will not be tolerated by the
community."  If one of you feels this is inconsistent with Org's
spirit, feel free to delete my change (it is a wiki, after all).
No hard feelings.  Honest.

Time to get back to work.  Thanks to all who contributed to the
discussion.

--
Jay