Re: [O] org-caldav will cease to work with Google Calendar

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav will cease to work with Google Calendar
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:06:38 +0100

> I won't work on supporting the Google calendaring API until there's
> a free server implementation for it, which can be self-hosted.

Good choice!  I support you /fully/ on this decision.

I'd very much like to run an independent "OpenCloud"-like setup
(although, I don't need browser access).

For now I'm using fluux, but I haven't managed to get org-CalDAV to
sync yet.  I'm also looking to sync bbdb via CardDAV, although I would
be willing to switch to org-contacts if a solution emerged here
before.

Could Orgmode.org provide (and earn revenues from) a /standard-based/
(CardDAV/CalDAV) synchronization framework without bells and whistles
and a reasonable price per year?  Say €5-10 per year?  (I have no idea
how much upload/download goes to such a system).

I would certainly pay if revenues after costs goes to Org-developers
and the service uses open standards.

On the other hand I don't know if it's ethically OK for a FSF project
to provide such a service?

Baïkal and Radicale are nice, small CalDAV servers.  The latter also
provides CardDAV.

–Rasmus

--
Enough with the bla bla!