[O] RFC: inheritance of export attributes

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: [O] RFC: inheritance of export attributes
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 01:33:16 -0400

Hello,

I have noticed a difficulty with :results table drawer babel blocks.  It
isn’t possible to put ATTR_LATEX keywords on the table in that case.  If
they are placed outside of the drawer, they apply to the drawer and not
the table.  If they are placed inside it, they will be deleted when the
block is reevaluated.

(Drawer results are preferable to raw ones: I have found, under rare
conditions, org can get confused about where the boundary of the result
is and not replace it properly when reevaluating.  Using a drawer
avoids this case.)

Would it be possible for ATTR_FOO attributes to be inherited by child
elements, so that this case would work?  It would solve this problem,
and also allow things like:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 200px
:DRAWER:
# several images, all of which should be 200 px wide
:END:

I thought I would ask for comments, since this might break other things
in ways I’m not thinking of.

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay