[O] latex figure scaling question, backward compatibility and outdated m

From: Thomas Alexander Gerds
Subject: [O] latex figure scaling question, backward compatibility and outdated manual
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:10:30 +0100

the following page from the official manual

http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html

says

#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5cm,angle=90

however, the new exporter does not recognize this syntax. instead the
following works:

#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm

I was learning about this by guessing around for some time ... it is
surprisingly hard to edebug the export process (any hints?).

next, the following educated guess does not work:

#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm :angle 90

instead one needs to say

#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm,angle 90

I am not sure whether these changes are very intuitive, or more
intuitive than the old style. but, the changes interfere with the aim to
have reproducible documents.

now, I am ready to convert all my old documents to the new syntax. Would
someone share a (elisp/sed/perl/other) macro that reliably goes through
old org-mode files and converts the part of the syntax which is not
compatible with the new exporter? [it is easy to convert (width=) to
(:width) in lines that start with #+ATTR_LaTeX: but this is not the full
story.

Such a macro could then be applied to update the manual ...

cheers
Thomas