Re: [O] saving state of buffer

From: 42 147
Subject: Re: [O] saving state of buffer
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:28:23 -0400

> (require 'saveplace)
> (setq-default save-place t)

> works for me. It just opens the place where I had the point, nothing
> more, but that's what I need most.

This is more convenient than Emacs bookmarks, but still breaks org-mode to
a certain extent: all non top-level headlines below point are hidden. At
least for me.
2013/3/20 42 147 <address@hidden>
Apologies on behalf of my inferior cognitive faculty, but I do not see a
solution to my problem in those options (perhaps merely a means to it).

Between OVERVIEW, CONTENT, SHOWALL, SHOWEVERYTHING, which == "allow me to
save and reopen the buffer in its current configuration."

From what I can gather from limited reading comprehension, these are still
general settings, i.e., ALL headlines will be opened; ALL drawers will be
opened; ALL text will be exposed.

What I want is to just have those things exposed that I exposed in my
particular session.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

42

2013/3/20 Bastien <address@hidden>
Hi Fourtytwo,

42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> When I return to this buffer, I want all of this to be opened.

(info "(Org)Visibility cycling")

   When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to
OVERVIEW, i.e., only the top level headlines are visible.  This can be
configured through the variable 'org-startup-folded', or on a per-file
basis by adding one of the following lines anywhere in the buffer:

     #+STARTUP: overview
     #+STARTUP: content
     #+STARTUP: showall
     #+STARTUP: showeverything

   The startup visibility options are ignored when the file is open for
the first time during the agenda generation: if you want the agenda to
honor the startup visibility, set 'org-agenda-inhibit-startup' to nil.

Furthermore, any entries with a 'VISIBILITY' property (*note Properties and
Columns::) will get their visibility adapted accordingly.  Allowed values for
this property are 'folded', 'children', 'content', and 'all'.  'C-u C-u
<TAB>' ('org-set-startup-visibility')
     Switch back to the startup visibility of the buffer, i.e., whatever is
     requested by startup options and 'VISIBILITY' properties in individual
     entries.

HTH,

--
 Bastien