Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:28:12 +0100

Am 20.03.2013 14:47, schrieb Bastien:

If anyone knows how to setup an automated tests framework for Org,
feel free to go ahead, we will use it and monitor broken tests to
see what's wrong in the code or in the tests or in the environment
running the tests.

We already have one, what Nick and Sebastien are asking is not to push commits that are known to not pass the tests.

Testing is a nice habit to have, but let's not make it a coercive
pre-requisit before pushing patches.

Why not? Any broken commits make automatic bisecting impossible and they are a constant source of irritation for folks who forget to test their new Org pulls before using or installing them.

My whole thinking here is well captured by Rich Hickey:

The citation you gave doesn't even apply to the question at hand. It is about writing tests, not using the tests you already have.

Regards,
--
Achim.

(on the road :-)