[O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs

From: Christian Moe
Subject: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:18:02 +0100

Hi,

Paragraphs currently break around ODT annotations when they
shouldn't. Annotations are a useful feature of the ODT exporter:

  There is an annotation by the original author here
  #+BEGIN_ANNOTATION
    I never meant to break this paragraph.
  #+END_ANNOTATION
  in the middle of the paragraph.

The expected result would be one paragraph, with the annotation
displayed as a comment in the page margin, anchored after the word
"here".

The new exporter adds paragraph breaks around the anchor for the
marginal comment. This is the wrong behavior in all cases. These
comments are meant to be anchored inside paragraphs that are not meant
to be broken. (Using a fresh Org-mode version 8.0-pre on Emacs 24.3.1.)

The old exporter simply wrapped the contents of the annotation block
(plus date/author info) in
"<office:annotation>\n%s\n</office:annotation>" within the
paragraph.

The ODT exporter's annotation blocks are a bit of a special case. They
use special-block syntax. But they're not really blocks, since they're
supposed to live inside other blocks (paragraphs). I suppose that doesn't
agree well with the new exporter.

Yours,
Christian