Re: [O] tests with travis-ci

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] tests with travis-ci
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:20:26 +0900

[CC'ed to Yann Hodique to acknowledge him]

Hello Bastien,

I am attaching a patch, please have a look. (especially change in org-test.el)

It is directly copied from Magit (with one minor change). It uses Yann's
virtualenv-emacs¹ python package which creates multiple emacs environments.

> Let me know if there is anything I should do.

1) Mirror org-mode to your github repo (https://github.com/bzg/org-mode) with
post
   receive hook.
   does org-mode.org server uses gitolite to manage git repos?
   if so https://github.com/miracle2k/gitolite-simple-mirror may be useful. (I
   use it on my server for mirroring)

2) Allow travis to access your org-mode repository (This must be very easy)
   - Create an account on https://travis-ci.org., just click "sign in with
   github"
   - activate tests org-mode repo at https://travis-ci.org/profile

There are few tests failing² with emacs-23, don't know much about them.

Finally, I haven't activated (yet) email option to send an email to author of
the commit if a test fails.

Thanks.,

¹  https://github.com/sigma/virtualenv-emacs
²  https://travis-ci.org/yyr/org-mode (direct link to log: