Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:37:08 -0500

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> #+begin_src setupfile
>>
>> #+AUTHOR:    John Henderson
>> #+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry}
>> #+latex_header: \usepackage{mathpazo}
>>
>> #+end_src
>> #+begin_src test-setupfile.org
>>
>> #+include: "/path/to/setupfile"
>
> Use "#+setupfile:" instead of "#+include:"
>
> There's a major difference between "setupfile" and "include" keyword
> here: the former applies to the whole buffer, whereas the latter is only
> expanded in the part being exported.

Huh, well that's interesting. I /had/ #+setupfile, and only changed
due to following the upgrade guide
(http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html)

#+begin_quote

Other important changes

#+STYLE: -> #+HTML_HEAD:
#+SETUPFILE: myfile -> =#+INCLUDE: "myfile"=

#+end_quote

That reads, to me, as though the syntax changed. Perhaps the "->"
didn't mean what I took it to mean?

> In your case, the INCLUDE keyword doesn't belong to the subtree, so it
> is never expanded.

Thanks for the clarification. For me (since I'm not an elisper), the
mechanics aren't too important. All I really want is the correct way
to apply org-mode settings to a buffer or a subtree by default, unless
I specify otherwise inside a subtree to override the buffer-wide
setupfile.

Based on the above, should that line be removed from the Worg update
guide? If so, I can do that. If someone has a better understanding of
why it was included (perhaps #+include is a new feature and should be
better explained), then maybe they should do it.

I'll change back to #+setupfile!

Thanks for the assistance,
John