[O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:52:34 -0500

I can't use git protocol due to being behind a firewall at work,
otherwise I would. I was trying to clone Worg via http protocol and am
getting an error

#+begin_src bash

$ git clone http://orgmode.org/w/worg.git
Cloning into 'worg'...
error: The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden while accessing
http://orgmode.org/w/worg.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
fatal: HTTP request failed

#+end_src

I guess I figured I could given the line later on, which says, "If you
already have your local clone of Worg obtained via http protocol,..."

As a side note (forgive being a git novice if this should be evident),
I don't get this setting suggestion for .gitconfig:

#+begin_example
[url "git://address@hidden:worg.git"]
  pushInsteadOf = http://repo.or.cz/r/
#+end_example

If the pull was from orgmode.org/w/worg.git, why am I setting an
option to push with git to repo.or.cz?

Any suggestions?

John